All properties at Wispers Park Retirement Village are sold on a leasehold basis, with an annual service charge and ground rent payable by each property. The lease is for 125 years and the service charge is calculated annually. Please [contact us] to discuss current rates.
The service charge takes away the worry about bills and repairs, covering a wide range of services and supplies, leaving you to enjoy life at Wispers Park to the full.
You will be surprised how well these service charges compare with your current outgoings, on such items as property insurance, gardening, external window cleaning, taxis or fuel to the shops each day, as well as general repairs.
What the Service Charge includes:
- 24-hour on-site emergency help
- External repairs and maintenance to all properties
- Buildings Insurance
- External window cleaning of your own property and communal areas
- Maintenance on communal plant and boilers
- Sinking fund for future major repairs within the building and village
- Pest control
- Lifts maintenance and service
- Communal electricity, gas and water
- Housekeeping and Estate Porter staff
- Management fee
- Maintenance and handyman
- Waste collection
- Communal laundry suite in Weycombe House
Terms and conditions
An annual ground rent, currently £400, is payable. Service charge is paid in full annually. An annual audit of the total expenditure within the service charge will be provided to all residents. Residents are responsible for their personal utility bills, Council Tax, water, electricity, gas, telephone calls and broadband, contents insurance, as well as internal decoration and window cleaning.